Practice getting middles to identifying if there are one or two blockers and then making the appropriate decision.
- Coach initiates drill with a free ball to one side to the left back player in base.
- Middle hitter transitions off the net.
- Setter sets the middle.
- Left front player on the other side may either double block or rotate off to play defense.
- If the LF player double blocks the middle hitter must tip short right.
- If the LF player does not block the middle must swing away.
- Alternate sides with a free ball.
- In order to score the team must dig a ball and then put it away.
MB = Middle Hitters S = Setter
C = Coach LF = Left front player
LB = Left back player