Practice finding defenders and find an open area to tip to based on where the defender is.
- Coach tosses a ball high outside.
- Outside hitter takes an approach to the net.
- Defender decides whether to charge the tip or stay deep and cover deep tips.
- Next person in the line helps outside hitter by telling them whether the defender is deep or short.
- If the defender is short the outside hitter has to tip over the head of the defender. If the defender is deep then the outside hitter must tip short.
- After the tip outside hitter becomes the defender. Defender gets back in line.
Have the outside hitter pass a free or down ball,
and use a setter
Move the defender to left front.