Use repetition to practice transitioning from defense to offense.
- Hitter starts at the net.
- Coach slaps ball and outside hitter transitions to defense.
- Coach hits a ball to the outside hitter.
- Outside Hitter digs ball.
- Setter sets a second tempo set.
- Outside hitter hits.
- As soon as hit crosses plane of the net the tosser tosses a ball over the net to simulate a block.
- Outside hitter passes ball to setter.
- Setter sets a one tempo set to the outside hitter.
Outside hitter could hit a second tempo ball for second hit.
Add a full compliment of coverage players.