Teach blockers to surround ball and penetrate the net.
- Blockers stand on chairs or boxes to eliminate timing errors.
- Holders stand on chairs and hold balls on their side of the net above the net, but close enough for the blocker to reach over and grab it.
- Blockers jump up penetrate the net grab the ball with both hands and pull the ball and throw it behind their hand bouncing it on the ground.
- Blocker step closes to the next holder and repeats step three.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 as many times as desired.
H = Holder B = Blocker Sh = Shagger
From Sally Palmer, Assistant Coach College of Charleston